Pazo da Sinsela is a white wine made from Albariño in the D.O. Rías Baixas by the Pazo da Sinsela winery by winemakers Rodrigo Méndez and Raúl Pérez.
Pazo da Sinsela, the wine that bears the same name as the winery, comes from a historic pazo whose grapes grow in silty soils with pebbles of alluvial origin, receiving the influence of the cool Atlantic climate. The winemaking process is carried out with great respect for nature. Once the grapes are harvested by hand, they are quickly transported to the winery to preserve the unique characteristics of this precious terroir.
In the winery, spontaneous fermentation takes place in a 1500 litre foudre using indigenous yeasts to maintain the authenticity of the wine. Subsequently, the wine is aged for 12 months, 90% in 1500 litre foudre of fourth use and the remaining 10% in barrels of different sizes (225, 300 and 500 litres) that have been previously used. All this process seeks to highlight the qualities and distinctive character of this exceptional Pazo da Sinsela.
Pazo da Sinsela Tasting Notes
Pazo da Sinsela is a white wine that stands out for its aromas of green fruits, citric touches and herbaceous nuances. On the palate, it is clear, direct and expressive. It is a wine clearly influenced by the Atlantic climate, with a vibrant acidity that brings freshness, a refreshing passage and a charming finish that enamours the senses.